The training was held on December 5, 2017, 8:30 am – 12 noon
Thanks to everyone for attending.
- Act 241 Training Slides
- Act 241 Training Handouts
- Act 241 Training December 5, 2018 sign in sheet
- Procedures for Requesting the Implementation of Capital Improvement Projects – EM 99-01 and EM 97-07
- Master Project Timeline
Conducted by the DAGS Public Works Division
This training is mandated by Act 241 of the State Legislature of Hawaii 2016.
Act 241 states the following:
(a) The comptroller shall conduct annual training for the engineering personnel of all executive departments and state agencies that manage their own capital improvement projects to ensure compliance with state adopted standards and procedures of best practices in the management and construction of capital improvement projects.
Who should attend?
- Engineers should attend
- Architects should attend
- Other Project Management Personnel should attend
- Inspectors should not attend unless they are responsible for managing projects
- Construction trades people should not attend unless they are responsible for managing projects
- Executive level management should not attend unless they are actively involved in managing projects
The agenda will be as follows:
- Sign-in starts at 8:30 am
- Welcome: 9 am
- Introduction and Purpose of Training 9:05 am -9:15 am
- Standard Project Timeline (Project Initiation/Planning, Design/Permitting, Bidding, Construction, Post-Construction) 9:15 am – 11:45 am with a 15 minute break at about 10:30.
a. Discussion on significant activities in the project timeline.
b. Payment tracking and deliverables as they occur in the project timeline.
c. Stakeholder input and feedback throughout the project timeline.
5. Questions and Wrap up: 11:45 am – 12 noon
Contact Scott Ojiri (phone: 586-0450, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) of our Public Works Division if you have any questions.